Sunday, 7 June 2015

Reading

WALT: make my reading sound like talking.

Task
Create a ‘movenote’ or a 'show me' on the ipad to share your learning.
Take a photo of the book you are reading and record yourself reading one or two pages.
Remember to show your learning - check the success criteria… 
Have you reached your goal?

Success Criteria:
  • I read the punctuation (full stops, commas, exclamation marks…).
  • I scoop the whole sentence with my eyes.
  • I have included a picture of the book I am reading.
  • I read in a clear voice.

How I am going

 I read the punctuation
Kerri thinks



I scoop the whole sentence with my eyes.
Kerri thinks



I have included a picture of the book I am reading.
Kerri thinks


 I read in a clear voice. 
Kerri thinks

Reflection

I really like: it when my reading is nice to listen to.

I think I need to practice: scooping the words so I don't read like a robot.

Something that really helped me was: sounding out words when I get stuck and reading my book more than 1 time.

Kerri thinks
Wow Toby! you are working so hard on your reading and trying to make it sound like talking. When reminded you can scoop up the sentence and read the punctuation. Your next step is practise this independently. Remember, reading the story more than once will help your fluency.

No comments:

Post a Comment